• +7 701 729 7672
  • info@bondstonelaw.com

Green Cards for Family

Family-Based Green Cards

There are several ways to get a US Green Card, the most common one being through direct sponsorship of a family member.


Family-Based Green Card – Marriage

U.S. Citizens and Legal Permanent Residents can sponsor their spouses for a Green Card. Both the sponsor and the beneficiary will have to establish their eligibility and prove the familial relationship. The process varies depending on whether the sponsor is a US citizen or a Green Card holder.


Family-Based Green Card through Marriage to a U.S. Citizen

Sponsoring a spouse is both easier and faster for U.S. Citizens, since their spouses are considered immediate relatives which means that a visa number will become immediately available.  Because there is no waiting period between submitting Form I-130 and getting a visa number, beneficiaries may automatically apply for a Green Card.


Family-Based Green Card through Marriage to a Legal Permanent Resident

Legal Permanent Residents may also sponsor their spouses, using Family-Based Green Card through Marriage Application, but the process may take longer since a visa number will not become immediately available.