Senior counsel, Principal Attorney, Managing Director of Almaty Office
Sanat has been practicing the law since 2000, licensed attorney, admitted to practice law before government agencies, and represent the clients in trials and court of appeals throughout the Kazakhstan court system, member of Almaty Regional Bar Association.
Before setting up the private practice in 2007 he served with honor and distinction as a senior trial and appellate attorney for Almaty City State’s Attorney Office. In this capacity he represented the government in a high-profile white-collar crime case against Kazakh Railways CEO, headed and managed a team of attorneys to assess more than 2,500 of cases from which filled petitions and successfully brought more than 1,800 cases to the Court of Appeal, just to name a few notable engagements.
In the role of a managing partner, he was alternately heading the Corporate and Employment, Tax and Dispute Resolution, Energy, and Natural Resources practices of the firm.
Since January 2020 Sanat advising the firm’s clients as “of counsel” on dispute resolution matters and managing the Almaty office.
Rendering advice for the Fortune Global 500 listed companies, including Chevron and CEFC China Energy, performing legal audit and due diligence, reviewing subsoil use and energy license agreements, and negotiating settlements for the Forbes Global listed Kazakhstan oil and gas companies are just some of the projects he is involved in.
- Kazakh State Law University, Bachelor of Laws, 1999
- School of American Law in Kazakhstan associated with IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, pre-master, 2018 (certificate in Business Law)
- IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Master of Laws, 2019
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- American Immigration Law Association (AILA)
- Almaty Regional Bar Association (ARBA)
Fully proficient in English and Russian, Kazakh-native speaker.